A signed Letter of Support from the Chair and Mentor must be provided. This signed letter must include a commitment from the Chairperson that the scholar will have 50% protected time for research for the five years duration of the program even if there is a gap in funding after the 2nd year.
This letter will also require the Chairperson and mentor to commit the necessary resources (lab space and equipment for example) to carry out the proposed work.
The Chairs of perspective applicants are encouraged to contact the NRCDP with any questions they may have regarding the protected time requirements
- Eligible candidates are junior neurosurgical faculty within one year of finishing residency or fellowship.
- The deadline for completed applications is September 30th, 2017
- Application should be sent to Emad Eskandar at firstname.lastname@example.org
Format for Applications
- Cover Letter
- 8-12 Page application
- Specific Aims: 1 page
- Significance: 1-2 pages
- Innovation: 1-2 page
- Approach: 1-4 pages
- Mentoring and Career Development plan: 1-2 pages
- Letter from Chairman specifying that applicant will have 50% protected research time and the necessary resources
- Letter from Mentor regarding candidate, plan, and resources
- References (at least two letters)
- Please follow standard NIH guidelines in preparing application – 11 point Arial font, 0.5 inch margins, and standard spacing, so that the applications are legible.